Transport rack “RACK in the BOX”
The environmentally friendly packaging solution
Returning transport racks in a carton? – Why?
This means an enormous expenditure in the production, planning and organization as well as again and again developing costs for the purchase, the storage and the logistics of these wood racks. Some companies invest up to 500.000 Euro annually for the purchase of wooden racks for one-time use. That is 2.5 million Euro in 5 years for “disposable wood” per location. There is an enormous savings potential here.
The expenditures, which are usually spent on purchasing, do not yet include the other organizational expenditures listed above, which are likely to be as high again. Since newest costs arise also for the retrieval of the one-way racks. This “take-back obligation” is legally anchored in the packaging law “VerpackG” from 2019 (only in Germany).
RACK in the BOX as XXL Transport Rack
And who disposes of the packaging waste?
Who disposes of these one-way racks?
Reusable system “RACK in the BOX”
Wooden racks must be taken back
What happens if the consumer has a disposable rack at his door and does not want to or cannot dispose of it?
Here the packaging law Verpackungsgesetz “VerpackG”, existing since 01.01.2019 in Germany, says that the dispatching dealer is obliged to take back this one-way rack free of charge according to § 15 Abs. 1 Satz 1 Nr. 1 VerpackG.
“RACK in the BOX” Protect the environment & reduce costs
delivery & disassembly
1. The transport rack, packed with goods and a return carton, is delivered to the customer.
2. After the goods have been taken off the glass transport rack, the “RACK in the BOX” can be disassembled.
packing & shipping
4. After the box has been closed with the enclosed adhesive strips, it is ready to be returned to the dealer. The dealer has already attached a return label to the carton before delivery and thus bears the low return costs.
“Rack in the Box” transport rack variants
components & variants
A-parts and crossbar are made of waterproof glued plywood. Currently there are the variants “M” + “L”.
Packed “M” & “L” variants
If the goods are stable enough, they can be placed above the frame. The illustrated racks are loaded with glass weighing approx. 400 kg. ELOORAC racks can generally be loaded with several tons of material.
Facts & Data about “RACK in the BOX”
Dimensions & Details “M” version
Dimensions & Details “L” version
2 transport racks – different lengths
If the goods should not protrude right and left over the pallet, it is possible to pull the pallets apart to a suitable size. The transport frame structure remains connected to each other at the top in the area of the cross bars.
As soon as the goods have been properly attached to the transport rack, the stability of the system should not be underestimated.
Moving long transport racks
Taking into account that the goods are properly attached to the transport rack, exceptional loads are possible. The picture shows this clearly.
This type of transport rack can be moved with the forklift without any problems. The use of lift trucks is possible. However, additional boards or wooden boards must be used for this.
Take advantage of the moment – Be better than others
Arguments in favour of using the “RACK in the BOX”
2. Sustainability is currently on everyone’s lips. Tell your customer that he is making a significant contribution to a sustainable future by using the transport rack return service.
Point out that other dealers / competitors do not use such environmentally friendly solutions. The customer must have the feeling that he should order better from you and thus automatically does something for the environment.
3. Communicate quite openly and clearly on your website that the customer will not end up with a mountain of garbage on his front door that he has to dispose of. You pay the costs for the return of the box in which the transport rack including pallet is stored by the customer. The return costs of this 21 kg heavy carton are between 4 and 7 Euro (depending on the parcel service and yearly parcels sent by you). No other system can keep up with this.
4. Beat out competitors by pointing out to the customer that other sellers do not take back the garbage. Use this advantage.
5. In the long run your competitors’ products must be more expensive. Reason: More and more customers will find out that you have a right to pick up the one-way rack garbage. Your competitor will then have to add the collection costs to his sales price in advance. Point win for you. You are cheaper and more environmentally conscious.
6. The customer recommends you gladly further. Why? He is satisfied because he has bought environmentally friendly and above all because hardly any garbage has been produced. Service is everything.
7. Positive reviews on your website, on Google, in the social media… are certain. That is worth GOLD.
8. Animate your customers with a voucher. Since there is minimal work in packing the rack, you could offer the customer a voucher of X as “compensation”. This has the advantage that you can use the “RACK in the BOX” without any problems and in addition the next purchase will happen in your webshop again. The voucher will be sent to the customer after you have received the box including the rack. Again a precision landing.
9. Surely it will happen that some customers will find the rack so great that they use it for other things for storage. No problem. Every Euro pallet is only issued today against a deposit. This works just as well with the “RACK in the BOX” transport rack.
Return of the transport rack in detail
Preparing the return carton
The carton can now be prepared for return shipment. Simply take the supplied sheet with 6 adhesive strips and use the first 3 stickers to close the bottom of the carton. Now turn the carton over and prepare parts for filling with the transport rack.
Pack the transport rack in the carton
Then follow the pallet and the crossbar. The pallet is bevelled at the corners. The reason for this is that it can be pushed into the box more easily and the box is not damaged.
Now that all essential parts have been stowed in the return carton, it can be closed with the 3 remaining adhesive strips supplied.
Possible parcel services
This means that the box filled with the “RACK in the BOX” can be returned within the country for approximately 4 to 7 Euros. The return costs depend on the number of total parcels that a company sends out per year. The more, the cheaper.
The return carton to the transport rack
Alternatively, we can show examples for the return of the “RACK in the BOX” rack. These include, for example, a return form on a website where a customer can indicate, among other things, their preferred collection date.
The return instructions should be attached to the box so that it is easy to find. This ensures that unnecessary queries do not arise.
More details about the “RACK in the BOX” transport rack
Packing instructions for customers
The instructions are kept very simple. On the basis of pictures it becomes clear relatively quickly what has to be done. If you scan the shown QR code, a video is played, which gives you a little more security during packing. This video can be integrated into your website or your internet shop as a help for customers. You can also find the video on this page.
Enclose return carton
If it is known that the goods will also stand outside, it is advisable to pull a rain cover over the carton. This is optionally available from us. Other films work just as well, of course.